Today, we produce bags made from post-consumer recycled paper, using either soy or water-based inks with water-based adhesives. These product offerings are important, and we are committed to continued improvement and expansion of these activities. But to us, sustainability means much more. It is how we live and operate day - to - day.
At PCI, we Reduce, Reuse, and Recycle --
- All of our waste water goes through our water filtration system - returning crystal clear water back to the environment. We are expanding our filtration system to reroute the treated water to be reused again in our plant, reducing our total consumption.
- Our in-coming pallets, corrugated paper and other packaging / shipping materials are reused for out-going shipments or returned back to the supplier to be recycled.
- Product supply containers are reused multiple times by PCI, and / or are returned to our suppliers.
- All products purchased are from recognized environmentally responsible companies using the latest sustainability methods and procedures.
- Throughout our operations, all excess paper materials and trim stock is reused by local pulp and paper mills.
- As a result of the increased internal awareness and improved QA/QC procedures, total company generated production waste has been cut by 70 - 75% during the last 5 year period.
- Throughout the company, whatever can be recycled is recycled.
- We recycle light bulbs, used flexographic plates, poly shrink wrap, used oil and lubricants and landscape materials and trimmings.
- We have established an in-house PCI Recycling Center. Employees are encouraged to be environmentally conscious in and outside of work, and are encouraged to bring items from home to be recycled through Package Containers.
- Items currently being recycled run the gamut from used cell phones and flashlight and mouse batteries, to used computer equipment, production set-up by-products, aluminum pop cans and plastic water bottles.
- Everything in the operation down to empty printer toner and ink-jet cartridges is reused, recycled, or re-evaluated for a better, more sustainable substitute or alternative.
- Even in evaluating and reviewing our plant production and operational equipment, we have chosen to repair, reuse and recycle many of our machines (including spare parts) rather than prematurely scrap them or replace them with new, less sustainable, disposable models.
PCI - Proud Recipient of the Oregon BRAG Award
PCI is the distinguished recipient of the Oregon State recycling "BRAG" Award given in recognition of our continued dedication to reducing, reusing and recycling all waste and waste products throughout our manufacturing process and our entire business operation.